The SharePoint Code Analysis Framework (SPCAF) is a framework that currently consists of 5 different analysis components.
- Code Metrics calculates 80 SharePoint-specific code metrics to measure the complexity of the code and track changes.
- Code Dependencies reports 63 dependency types between the SharePoint artifacts (like Features, Content Types etc.) external components.
- Code Inventory creates a detailed documentation of 46 components in the SharePoint packages.
- Migration Assessment provides guidance how to migrate your SharePoint farm solution to the App model based on the information gathered by all modules.
SPCAF is available in three editions
- SPCAF Developer, licensed by user and includes only the Code Quality analysis component, the Visual Studio integration and the client application,
- SPCAF Professional, licensed by user, includes all analysis components, the Visual Studio integration and the client application,
- SPCAF Build, licensed by server, includes TFS Build Activities, an MSBuild task, command line application and a PowerShell CmdLet to integrate SPCAF.
For a detailed feature comparison of all licensing options please have a look at the Feature Comparison Chart.