After running an analysis in SPTransformator your results will be displayed in the in the following sections:
Using the menu on the left you click on the section that you wish to display. Once you have selected your desired section a second menu will appear where you can further navigate through that section to the information that you require regarding the transformation project.
Assess is the first section and the default one that is shown after completing an analysis. This is the starting point for the transformation, SPTransformator provides you with a detailed analysis of this project to assess which components are inside, how they affect the transformation and gives you guidance how to proceed best.
This section is broken down further into more sections which are:
- Gives an overview of the analyzed file whether it be a farm or Sharepoint Solution. The "Farm Contents", "Solutions" and "Farm Customizations" have their own Summaries which are displayed in the Overview. Each summary has a link to its section for more details.
- Farm Contents
- This section details the contents of the farm and breaks the contents via Web Applications, Service Instances, Contents Databases, Sites, Webs, Lists and Timer jobs.
- This section details the solutions and possible issues of the farm and groups the solutions via Farm Solutions, Solution Architecture, Solution Contents, External Dependencies, SharePoint Dependencies, Road Blocks, and Full Trust Code.
- Farm Customizations
- This section details the customizations of the farm, as with the previous sections it has a summary of the section and lists Workflows, infoPath Forms, BDC Models, Content Webparts, Customized Files.
- Customization Usage
- This section shows "Usage By Site" and "Usage By Solution", the summary shows a graph of the top ones used.
- This section shows a summary of the artifacts that can and cannot be transformed.
Based on the discovered transformable artifacts in your specific project, SPTransformator suggests training activities for your team prior to the actual transformation, to allow the project to run as smoothly as possible. SPTransformator offers content and sources for online training, recorded conference sessions, blog posts and articles and allows you to plan and track your training progress on a Kanban board.
Having prepared your skills, SPTransformator provides you with a comprehensive view of all artifacts of your transformation project and helps you to plan and track your work. Here you decide which artifacts need to be considered, how they are grouped to business cases and which ones are not relevant for the future solution and can be abandoned.
The kanban-style management view lets you drag and drop items to its respective stages of development you can set an item to be Unclear, Under Review, Transform, Abandon, and Done. You can filter the planner, via Category, Artifact Id, Title, Complexity, Effort, and Decision.
Once you have determined and planned your tasks, SPTransformator guides you through the actual transformation of the customizations and artifacts.
Depending on your specific project requirements you can choose the appropriate implementation of the transformed artifact and assemble it with others in a new solution or add-in. Thanks to the automatic transformation, you can assure consistent quality and implementation approach in your entire team and easily update code fragments if the APIs and frameworks are changed by Microsoft (eg. SPFx)